1.Ritu Beri – One of the topmost fashion desgners from India, Ritu Beri has carved a niche for herself as one of the shining stars of the country. She has been serving the Indian fashion industry with her feminine and funky designer apparels. She is the first fashion designer from India to go global. Her collections have been showcased in Italy and she has been visting there very often due to an overwhelming response she gets there.
2. Rohit Bal is one of the foresmost Indian fashion designer.He has been proclaimed by the TIME magazine as India’s Master of fabric and fantasy.’ His sense for aesthetics is perfectly honed and each of his creations are perfectly handicrafted. He has got access to the best in materials and workmanship the industry has to offer.
3.Ritu Kumar- With her immensely popular hand made products she has proved that it can be as profitable and even more glamorous than the dresses made by machine. Her designer clothes are focused on the traditional Indian designs. Some of the famous international style icons like the Late Princess Diana and Jemima Khan have worn the clothes designed by her putting India’s talent on the world map.
4. Tarun Tahiliani is one of the most successful Indian fashion designer who has a wide range of clientele base from India and abroad. The garments designed by him are an epitome of style, craftsmanship, quality and refinement. He continues to present exclusive, highly publicized, and well attended shows in the major cities of the world.
5.Manish Malhotra His name is synonymous with Bollywood the Indian film industry.By envisioning a look for the character created a revolution in the fashion scene in Indian film industry.One of his creations the embroidered denim wear had became a rage all over the city.Naomi Campbell had picked up a pair during a visit to India.
6.Rina Dhaka She has been a part and parcel of the fashion scene in India since quite some time.Her works have been featured on international fashion magazines Vogue and Elle.Even though her strength lies in the western wear she has also created a lot of Indian dresses.
7. JJ Valaya-Regarded as one of the czars of Indian fashion scene he has the distinction of many firsts in the Indian fashion industry.He is renowned for his knack of combining clothes and unique experiments. Way back in 1992 he had opened his Couture label-JJ Valaya and introduced this label in the upmarket stores of India and abroad.
8. Priyadarshini Rao – She is one of the best designers in India in the mens wear. Her designed clothes lay a lot of stress on the comfort level which is an integral part in her designing. According to her texture of the fabric is very important and it enhances the aesthetic appeal of the garment.
9. Muzaffar Ali – They have brought back the centuries old tradition back to life in the fashion scene of India. The endeavour of Meera and Muzaffar has been to look at style in the broadest sense of the concept and to create products with a universal appeal and relevance.For them the clothes are an epitome of inner grace.They have held several fashion shows in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Madras, Singapore, Kuwait, London and New York.
10. Payal Jain – Payal has got the privilege of working with some of the leading fashion houses of Europe.Her design house Studio Payal Jain has come a long way since then and it is recognised today as a leading salon de couture in India.Seamless integration of design and production processes with the revival of traditional crafts being an important leitmotif are the single most important features of her clothes.Most of the fabrics used by her are hand woven.